Re: High Speed Camera Application for new user

Let me understand this:
Truck travelling at 100km/hr past a stationary camera and you want to analyse the picture in REAL TIME???
you don't have musch time for analysis do you. Labview is a huge piece of sofware which can control cameras ets. You may want to have an array of several cameras in a line and let Labview trigger them in a sequence... But this is a ver specialized field.
May I ask wht exactly your area of research is

Sounds to me like you may need a high speed movie/video camera or some kind of slit scanning camera which Prof Andrew Davidhazy will know more about.

herschel

What do you anal
tdtran tran <tdtran_84@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you K for your prompt reply.

Actually I need to analyze the images that I capture with a software package
(Labview) in real time, or as near as possible. I would prefer that the
equipment remains stationary. I need more technical details about the type
of equipment I need, i.e. how to work out how much detail I can get
(smallest feature I can detect), with what type of equipment. For example
say I want to detect the door handle on the vehicle from the side of the
road. Is that possible at all? and if so what equipment would make it
possible?

Thanks again.

>From: karl shah-jenner
>To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students
>
>Subject: Re: High Speed Camera Application for new user
>Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 19:22:56 +0800

1000s of Sexy Singles online now at Lavalife - Click here
http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL="">

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,
Higher College of Technology