copy stands needed

Dear List,

If you have an unused copy stand sitting about and wish to do some good with it, here's your chance. The following message is forwarded by permission. Please don't respond to me, but to Dave Ellis with Operation Photo Rescue.

Thanks,

Rich Mason

Begin forwarded message:

A few months ago staff photographer Becky Sell and I started Operation Photo Rescue. We traveled to Pass Christian, MS and spent a week helping Hurricane Katrina victims salvage their photos. Since then, OPR has become a permanent non-profit all-volunteer organization with volunteers from all over the world. We have helped to restore nearly 500 images for over 200 families.

OPR is sending a group of volunteers to New Orleans for the first week of May to digitally copy damaged original photographs. We have a need for copy stands, so I'm putting this out to the list to see if any of you have an old
copy stand that may be gathering dust somewhere.

OPR doesn't have a lot of money to spare right now. We're looking for
serviceable and cheap copy stands. Better yet, if anyone wants to donate the
stand, OPR will pay for the shipping.

To find out more about OPR, you can visit us at www.OperationPhotoRescue.com
<http://www.operationphotorescue.com/>  or check out our blog at
http://web.mac.com/fiftyeggs60/iWeb/Site.