Re[2]: Photo Vest

E> 11 apr 2006 kl. 05.56 skrev Roger Eichhorn:

E> Personally, I´ve all but given up on photo vests.  You end up with a
E> lot of gear dangling around your hips, forcing you to watch every
E> step.  You can´t take it off when you sit down for a refreshing beer/
E> coffee, or all that glass will hang almost floor height, if you drape
E> the vest around your chair´s back.   You´ll look like a wannabe Don
E> McCullin all the time.

I agree with everything you write above, especially the inconvenience
of sitting down with it.

E> Well, that´s me.  A lot of people do like and use photo vests, for
E> sure.   Hopefully, a few of them will give you their view.

I do have a Domke, and while I think I look like an idiot in it, it is
very convenient if I'm going to be moving a lot, such as around a
demonstration or a crowded event. In that case I stick a couple of
extra lenses in the pockets, or maybe an extra lens and a flash, along
with some extra memory cards and cleaning cloth and carry two bodies
with lenses, one around my neck and one in my hand.

However, at the end of the shoot I have my trusty bag to stuff it all
in before I go for lunch, etc.

So - a vest can be veeery useful in certain circumstances, but I doubt
I use it more than 5-10% of the time.

--
Cheers,
Rick