Re: Photo Vest

Personally, I´ve all but given up on photo vests.  You end up with a
lot of gear dangling around your hips, forcing you to watch every
step. You can´t take it off when you sit down for a refreshing beer/ coffee, or all that glass will hang almost floor height, if you drape
the vest around your chair´s back.   You´ll look like a wannabe Don
McCullin all the time.

Honestly, what you describe as "not a lot of stuff", and "all I would
need" would quickly kill my photographic inspiration if I tried to
carry it for a day, whatever way I would pack it.  If I can´t get by
with what my Billingham Hadley can swallow, I sit down and think again.

It's said elsewhere, that if your favourite kit is, say, D200 (or D2x) with Nikkor 12-24, then the best place to put your Nikkor 100-400 (or Sigma 50-500) is a backup D50 body. No changing, immediate grab, backup all the time.

I know that pain well. My gear consists mostly of primes (18, 28, 35, 50, 90) and some longer (manual!) zooms. Quality is very good, but the Murphy's law of wrong focal length and constant dust can drive me nuts sometimes. It is not always the point of using feet as zooming gadget. Angle and perspective take their toll.

I am considering another body, but first I have to consider some unexpected print sales on the upcoming exhibition.

Peeter

PS: I've tried a (non-photo) vest once and I was completely ridiculous with it - like a clown-equilibrist :)