Re: Large format luggage (in tune with Photo Vest)

Not to disparage the frustrations of those who complain about the aggravations of carrying equipment around and then actually using it ( I have shared those woes many time myself ) but I long ago came to the conclusion that one needs different solutions for different problems. When shooting sports where you needed all cameras readily available the vest and perhaps a fanny pack works great. For scenic hiking backpacks are great. For shlepping around a campus or town conventional bags perform well. There is no one solution. Now, get things in perspective those of you who are discouraged by having to stop, put down a bag and fish out a lens or a filter. Read some history of photography especially in the American West of 150 years ago. Photographers had entire horse drawn wagons to haul thiner equipment. It could take a day to take a couple of photos. Perhaps less emphasis on haste and convenience and more on the fact that we have it so easy would alleviate some of the grievances.
Don
Who is recovering from hip replacement surgery and still feels the anesthetic and the pain. No offense intended to anyone so be kind.

trevor cunningham wrote:

While we're on the subject of convenient carry-all, I'm going to be in the market for an ergonomic carry system for my 5x7 arca swiss and film holders. If it comes with tripod solutions as well, gosh...Trompin' 'round the desert with a brief case, shoulder bag, and tripod is simply a pain in the patootey and discourages me from shooting as much as i'd like to. Any suggestions?

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer
http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Love cheap thrills? Enjoy PC-to-Phone calls to 30+ countries <http://us.rd.yahoo.com/mail_us/taglines/postman9/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=39666/*http://beta.messenger.yahoo.com/> for just 2¢/min with Yahoo! Messenger with Voice.

--
If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
George Orwell