Off the cuff, over-reaction to the PF book guidelines

Previous message:1. Participants are registered members of the PhotoForum list (no more, no less). 1.1. A special section has been created for those that have failed to find their way out through the complexities of the UNSUBSCRIBE process. 2. Participants submit an image that - in their own judgment - represents best the level of their photographic skills at the time of the book (no
more, no less).
3. The sequencing of the images is the sole responsibility of the project manager and participants defer to his best artistic/mechanical judgment on the matter. 4. The sole purpose of the book is for list members to enjoy seeing their work and that of others in a format that is less perishable than a computer
screen (500dpi (across) saved as a 50K .jpg file).

Good grief!! Do we need to document that we are all descendants of royalty, too? {:->

Why tell viewers of the yet-to-be published book that the work isn't really that good and we just did it for fun?

My two cents: We should be grateful for the effort Andy and staff are about to embark upon, and we should all go about working on the project as if is something of which we are proud.

(I'll climb back into my hole now.)
Marilyn