Re: pornography and fine art nude ladies?

--- Bob Maxey <written_by@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> However, I live in the United States. Be it writing
> or photography, I cannot account for the
> sensibilities of every possible culture. I might
> offend someone from the Middle East or I might
> offend someone from Spain; I do not worry about that
> because I never go out of my way to offend anyone
> and every culture is different.

You don't even need a website to offend people
here...I couldn't possibly care less if I offended
someone's sensibilities, but, at the same time I
shouldn't be suprised, thus, recognizing their anger,
when they vocalize their opinion about them.  There's
a part of town here where the largest concentration of
Americans live and "run free", because they're
Americans.  I'm embarrassed by my own countrymen (and
women) because their ignorance of those around them
leads them to behave like stooges and, unfortunately,
it reflects on me...with or without a camera.  I guess
my point is that this cavalier attitude of, "It's not
my fault they're the way they are" is analogous to
accidentally treading through someone's wildflower
garden because they didn't look like roses.  Despite
the "rich variety of culture" the United States is
apparently supposed to be made up of, it's actually
quite shocking what thousands of miles of geographic
isolation can do for an average mentality... the irony
is that all you need to avoid this is an Internet
connection, or a library card (if people still use
those places)

> The web makes everything available to almost every
> corner of the world, so it is likely that some of us
> have offended others who stumbled across our web
> sites. Here in the U.S. of A., we have the right to
> speak. But on the web, we are not just in the United
> States.

Give it time, they'll figure out a way to censor it

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham