Re: arabic sensibilities (Was por nography and fine art nude ladies)

At 00:07 24.03.2006, you wrote:

We are teaching the first ever 11 photographers in Oman. I'm hoping that they'll go into the villages where they come from and open a studio. Put some baby pics in the window and try to slowly change thier cultures.

herschel

Herschel,

Why should a culture be changed?
What, if they are right?
Or even if not, then cultures may be and stay different.
Unless it's harmful, it's their choice, isn't it?

Peeter

PS: Don't get me wrong! I've made pictures from under my jacket in churches where it was prohibited. But then I think those people have every right not to be happy when hundreds of foreigners march in and steal their intimacy and privacy. And noone knows where they take it and why!