err: what is a photograph/CC filters or PS?

These two threads are very interesting and certainly intertwined (it reminds me a really good Quaker meeting!)...

A lot of the discussions come down to innovation, in one way or another, it seems to me. PS is an innovation that is helping photographers to get more out of their photos than ever before; we're able to create the image that we "saw" in our mind's eye at the time we depressed the shutter button, as well as several other images, rather than being restricted by the relatively fewer combinations of chemicals, paper and printing conditions.

Likewise, whether in music, art/photography, writing/publishing, there are innovations *always* occurring, lest we recreate the mousetrap the same way, over & over, ad nauseum. For every hundred photos we take, maybe one is decent; for every hundred photomanipulations that someone does, only a few will be interesting, and even fewer will be interesting to other people who don't appreciate that particular perspective.

It's a lot like cooking spaghetti, and a lot less efficient: you'll throw hundreds of noodles against the wall and only a few will stick. And, if you throw your spaghetti in someone else's kitchen, different strands will stick, because of their particular tastes. But, in each case, the photographer/artist/muscian/writer is pushing the envelope, hoping to find the next "thing" that expresses *their* passion, whether we appreciate it or not...

Wasn't it Thomas Edison who discovered the lightbulb, as well as happily discovering a thousand ways NOT to make a lightbulb??? Nowadays, there are hundreds of different lighting sources available to us, and we have to deal with them all, somehow...

Which brings us back to cc filters or PS???  ;)  VBG!

Tim!

Tim Mulholland
Illuminata Photo
Fitchburg, WI