HELP - PRINTER DRIVING ME NUTZ!!!!

Hey ALL

I really am in a bind. My Canon s9000 printer is giving me high BP and I want to toss it out the window.

Here's the issue. For some reason whenever I change the paper type to glossy, photopaper pro or anything other than normal notebook paper I get a VERY STRONG magenta shift. I am seeing red....

If I leave the paper setting to normal I get OK colors but can't take advantage of the highest settings for rez.

Here is what I have tried so far,

Clean heads, deep clean too.
Checked to see that print profiles match to sRGB on my camera, printer and computer.
Deinstalled and reinstalled the driver x3.

Checked all carts to make sure that they installed correctly and they print OK on test runs.
All cables conected power is OK etc

I have not called Canon yet I am hoping not to. I have tried photo optimizer and have tried printing from both PS and straight from windoze (xp) same issue. I have wasted loads of paper.

Now print preview looks normal with no color shift, no matter what paper setting I have in play.

Any help would be appreciated...

Les Baldwin