Gallery Review

Here's my first (quick) impressions on this week's gallery -

Jim Davis
Izu North to Fuji
I like the composition and find the empty branches quite necessary for it adds yet another plane to it, though I feel all is a little bright and a little tweak with levels would bring out the full range of the colors.

Elson T. Elizaga
Exoskeleton
Picked a cool spot to leave his overcoat behind, didn't he? Interesting, but I find the highlights a little blown out.

Laurenz Bobke
Granite Reflection
Love the dreamy quality of this shot. The reflection of buildings and nature really work well for me and the composition satisfies my eyes.

Herschel Mair
Linen
Well composed shades of white. I am always partial to shots like this, hard to do and expertly done.

Pini Vollach
Tractor
Love the lines, the textures of the rusty metal and shadows. It all works very well together for me.

Gary Perdue
Port Monster
Love the crane(?) and its wavy reflection and red bow of the ship in the foreground.

Emily L. Ferguson
Antonin Kratochvil
Interesting character - I can almost hear his Russian accent. Makes me want to break out a bottle of Stoli and listen to his stories. :)

Marilyn Dalrymple
Littlerock Dam
Lovely reflection ... the gnarly tree with the frost is a great focal point. Is it my monitor (I'm beginning to wonder) or is it all a little flat? Would love to give it a little more contrast.

Howard Leigh
I find the angle to the flower just a little less than satisfying. Seems to lack a clear focal point like this.

D.L. Shipman
Gimme shelter
Yes, I immediately saw two birds (not too many four legged ones on the planet). The cute factor is makes this one work for me.

Christopher Strevens
Computer Room
Thanks for the voyeuristic pleasure of giving me an inside view of your "stuff", though I somehow seem to be missing the point. What is it?

Well, I hope I didn't tick anyone off too much. Like I said, it's only first impressions and upon closer inspection I probably could convince myself of the fine artistic values of each and every one of this weeks contributions to the gallery.

Have a good one,
Renate

"I did that," says my memory.
"I could not have done that," says my pride, and remains inexorable.
Eventually - the memory yields.

Nietzsche