Re: CC filters or Photoshop???

>>>Well, I have to say that I'm enjoying this thread, to read the various
opinions and justifications behind them.  Thank you, Bob and Herschel,
for responding so thoughtfully.

This thread "feels" like it's an issue of new vs. old, and which is
better.  Again, I have no experience with the color correction filters,
which is why I'm asking, and that's the source of my ignorance and
desire to learn whether CC filters are better, PS is better, a
combination of the two, or they're equal.>>>

I think that is part of it. If PS color correction is every bit as good as using CC filters, I really cannot complain. When I was scanning PC Boards and fixing colors in production photographs, I saw no real differences. In my case, it really did not matter. I feel that some technology has removed quite a few barriers; I just do not know how much we are losing in the bargain.

(Snip)

>>>So, do I feel like my kids are being short-changed in their learning?
Yeah, sometimes.  The have technology classes, which I never had (I
took Typing I and Typing II !).  And, it creates such a wonderful
moment when they teach me a new way of doing something or seeing
something.  Teaching my kids the old ways has helped them in two ways -
learning more about the basis for certain things (and, which they
likely will never use again), and my bonding with them.

I've always loved learning, which is why I'm me, and this is also one
of those situations.>>>

I think most kids are being shortchanged. But that is just me, someone that thinks in many cases, the old is better than the new. Or, like I previously stated, it might be sour grapes. Or perhaps it is personal likes and dislikes which is quite subjective. I miss the Flatheads, Knuckleheads, and Panheads (Harley) because I think the technology is better than it is today. Granted, the technology of today is perhaps better and my preferences are absolutely personal preferences. Unless we are talking about the value of a restored bike to a brand new Harley. Then the old is perhaps worth more.

Teach your children well.

Bob