Re: CC filters or Photoshop???

Well, I have to say that I'm enjoying this thread, to read the various opinions and justifications behind them. Thank you, Bob and Herschel, for responding so thoughtfully.

This thread "feels" like it's an issue of new vs. old, and which is better. Again, I have no experience with the color correction filters, which is why I'm asking, and that's the source of my ignorance and desire to learn whether CC filters are better, PS is better, a combination of the two, or they're equal.

But, I also know that when I went through school many years ago, there are many things that my kids are now learning that I was never taught because these new things didn't exist then. Computers were just coming to the fore when I was a youth. I remember spending loads of time learning about personal computers in 1986, just so that I could write a tome. But, it was easier to write on the PC than to learn the machine code so that I could write on the university mainframe. Now, I have more computing power sitting here on my kitchen table top than the original astronauts had available to them in the Mercury spacecraft (and, a lot smaller!). Also, I recently found when my wife's PC became infected with a virus that it was, in some ways, easier for me to go back to my MS-DOS learning and skills of a dozen years ago, than to mess with Windoze, to try to rid the computer of its problems.

So, do I feel like my kids are being short-changed in their learning? Yeah, sometimes. The have technology classes, which I never had (I took Typing I and Typing II !). And, it creates such a wonderful moment when they teach me a new way of doing something or seeing something. Teaching my kids the old ways has helped them in two ways - learning more about the basis for certain things (and, which they likely will never use again), and my bonding with them.

I've always loved learning, which is why I'm me, and this is also one of those situations.

Tim!

Tim Mulholland
Illuminata Photo
Fitchburg, WI