Re: What is a photograph anyway?

Would you like to define what we mean by a painting for that matter?

Howard <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Following on from the CC v. Photoshop filters debate...

Can someone now define what we mean by a "photograph" in these days of
"digitised images"?
I believe photography, with the help of a dew ones and zeros, is at last moving out of "THE BOX" Although there are still a few people fervently trying to stuff it back in.

Herschel

Herschel Mair
Head of the Department of Photography,
Higher College of Technology