e: CC filters or Photoshop???

Hi Bob, et al,

Well, Bob, you've raised some excellent points. But, in the long run, does the typical, competent photographer obtain acceptable results with CC filters or Photoshop? Ten years ago and more, the *only* option was CC filters. Now, there's an additional tool, i.e., Photoshop, and I'm trying to discover through others' experiences whether:

> CC filters are better than Photoshop; or,
> Photoshop is better than CC filters; or,
> no significant difference;  or,
>  [you fill in the blank].

I appreciate your analogy regarding music. We see it all of the time with photography and other fields, too, in that folks use technology to compensate for or cover up lack of talent/competence. Now, Herschel seems to think that Photoshop is an acceptable alternative, although I don't know his experience and the basis for his opinion. You feel that CC filters and a CT meter will do a better job, but again, your point is stated by an opinion and backed with an analogy. Have you experimented with CC filters and Photoshop, and found CC filters to be the better choice??

Thanks,

Tim!

Tim Mulholland
Illuminata Photo