Re: Off topic, but I've just got to know

: I guess I could have given that information in my first message, huh?
:
: It is a 3 1/2 inch Maxwell 2HD disk.

try Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier [62kb and FREE] to recover whatever's on
it:

http://www.roadkil.net/unstopcp.html

"Recovers files from disks with physical damage. Allows you to copy files
from disks with problems such as bad sectors, scratches or that just give
errors when reading data. The program will attempt to recover every
readable piece of a file and put the pieces together. Using this method
most types of files can be made useable even if some parts were not
recoverable in the end. "

let me know if this doesn't help..

basically it's probably some of the file allocation table that's gone
screwy and subsequently the disk is not recognised as formatted - however
the data may be intact