Re: pdf's

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portable_Document_Format (there's a lot more there, not exclusively Mac by any means.):

"PDF was selected as the "native" metafile format for Mac OS X, replacing the PICT format of the earlier Mac OS. The imaging model of the Cocoa layer of Mac OS X is based on the model common to Display PostScript and PDF, and is sometimes somewhat confusingly referred to as Display PDF. Due to OS support, all OS X applications can create PDF documents automatically as long as they support the Print command."

It's really pretty neat how smoothly it all works. I could, for example, save this email as a pdf document in one of several versions and open it later with Acrobat. Or, I could, directly through the print dialog box, attach it to an email as a pdf file and send it without first saving the file. The same things work with iPhoto, PS, Word, Excel, etc.

Roger

Roger Eichhorn
eichhorn@xxxxxx