Re: Process E-6

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lyman GL DeLiguori, Sr

: Extremely strange indeed. Please see:

: At first I thought it was just a typo, but I did find it in Section 14
: ("Diagnostic Charts" is the .PDF at the same URL above). See Chart E,
14.6.
: You'll see it references adjusting the pH for the Green/Magenta shift.
:
: However, in a third search at yet another URL it speaks only of what we
have
: known: Yellow/Blue balance.
:
: Personally, after all these years working with E-6 I still think that's a
: typographical error that has propagated. As you say, going Magenta/Green
is
: usually CD related (too much CZA from Part A, SpG issues, etc) and temp.
:
: Any other thoughts?

Nope, no thoughts other than as you suggest, a typo repeated until it fell
into being a stated fact (!)

If I had ever seen a magenta/green reaction from a variation in pH, and I
was always careful never to encounter a partA surplus.

The only correction I ever made for this was to check and adjust the sg so
I guess I'd keep doing what seems to work and ignore Kodak's suggestion!

I have a set of the diagnostic charts from about 3 years ago somewhere here
at home, but I really haven't refered to them in such a long time :-)