Making Inter Positives and contact duplicate negatives

Hello Everybody,

Though this is not strictly an alt.Photography
question, I am asking for help in this matter. I have been entrusted
with the task of making contact interpositives and duplicate (contact)
negatives from some very vital glass plate images. Can anyone help me
with suggesting the choice of films and developer available currently ?
In India, the BW market is completely wiped out and getting a good roll
of 35mm can be very difficult. Please do not mistake me for posing
this question on the alt. forum. Perhaps some of this info could be
useful for alt members, those who are beginning to make enlarged
negatives for their work. All Good Wishes karthik