Re: Resizing images in Photoshop

oops, sorry this one's later than the other, it got rejected by the server
again for inclusion of the word s*bject in the opening line

Re: Resizing images in Photoshop

: At 01:02 AM 2/20/2006, Roger Eichhorn wrote:
:
: >According to Scott Kelby, in PS CS (re: ISBN 0-7357-1411-8), in
: >"downsizing" an image, one should turn off the "resample image"
: >option in the Image Size dialog box.
:
: Scott Kelby has some really impressive  credits so I must be missing
: something here.
:
: Could one of the Pro PhotoShop list members explain why  one would
: want to down size an image without re sampling? As far as I know
: Adobe PS/Elements are the only popular image editors that provide an
: resample option when down sizing.

have a look here Dave, some examples of resizing and resampling down from
1100 pixels to 500 using various techniques

http://tinyurl.com/ofsq3

knocked it up quickly but it's self explanatory