Re: Saving images on the road

Sounds like an interesting gadget, although I'm not quite sure about the implications of the following
"If you do choose to create an album after copying you'll be prompted to give it a name using the on-screen keyboard. Note that creating albums means you end up with two copies of each image; one in the Card Data directory and one in the new album. Images copied to the new album (or to any album for that matter) are renamed."
Generally speaking, the idea to organise a trip into albums sounds appealing, but if it halves the capacity, I'd rather not do this...
Do you use this option or are you happy with dumping everything in the default folder?

Regarding capacity: Minolta tells me that if I save my images in Raw and jpg, I can store 22 images on a 265 (guess they mean 256) MB card. so: 88 pics /GB = 3520 pics (if i don't use the Epson for anything else). This is about the amount of slides I took on a long trip, so, there's no safety margin...

Maybe I'll have to look into notebooks after all...

Laurenz
http://www.travelphoto.net/

2006/2/14, Cap'n Jimmy <flyboy@xxxxxxxxx>:
At 22:10 +0100 2/13/06, Laurenz Bobke wrote:
>Does anyone here know a reliable portable medium?

      I, too, have been concerned about the quality and reliability
of portable storage devices....here's the one I decided on and so far
it's been absolutely amazing.....the revue speaks for itself....and
it's less expensive than a laptop......

>http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/epsonp2000/

Jim
Baja Oregon