Re: weekly photos

At 10:18 PM -0800 2/5/06, Jay Bjerkan wrote:
Ferguson - Experiment
Is this a winter flower in your neck of the woods?

Thanks for the reveiw. Yeah. We have a couple of houseplants that bloom in the winter but require minimal attention. This is one and the Christmas Cactus another that comes to mind! All the rest require that you pay attention to their ecosystem to get them to bloom!

the scalloped leaves and composition give this an uncharacteristic (for flowers) hardness.

Interesting idea. I'm not sure I'm in favor of un-sharpening, or shooting the bloom slightly soft. You think I might try putting the hyperfocal point just in front of the front edge of the blossom?

The closeness of the crop is a bit claustrophobic.

I was more interested in the shape of the whole object, the swoop from lower left up to the bell shape. I did think a bunch about how much of the throat to include. This seemed a good balance. Interesting about how diverse our responses are to these kinds of choices.

Thanks for such a nice specific review.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx 508-563-6822 New England landscapes, wooden boats and races, press photography http://www.vsu.cape.com/~elf/