Re: Program for organizing/storing photos

----- Original Message -----
From: "ADavidhazy"

: "I am a photo hobby guy. Can you suggest a program (free or inexpensive)
: archive digital photos on DVD media?  I'm not interested in a all
inclusive
: program, like most commercial programs, that include lots of PhotoShop
like
: features to improve photos. I just want to store lots of photos on DVD
disk
: and have ability to "tag" pictures to easily find them on disk or
multiple
: disks -  stored in "albums" and retrievable as album files or as
individual
: pictures."

deepburner for a simple, free, small *burner* package
http://www.deepburner.com/?r=download

Irfanview for a simple, small free image manipulation program (especially
batch processing) also handy for making thumbnail sheets/contact print
sheets or slideshows of all the images on the DVD
www.irfanview.com

a tutorial on the many features of irfanview (it's amazing how many
questions you hear from long term users who haven't found this or that
function )
http://www.indeavors.com/services_wbt_ivtutorial.htm

Photofiltre for a simple, small free image editing program
http://www.photofiltre.com/

exifer for a small free exif editor/viewer (add tags with this):
http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/

jpeg cleaner for a tiny, free metadata stripper (for web pics)
http://www.rainbow-software.org/

printfolder for a free, small program to add a right click context tool to
allow a text file to be generated listing all the files in a folder, their
size, creation and editing dates etc.. (burn this text file to the DVD as
well, and keep the txt file tucked away with the same ref number as the one
written on the dvd, ie DVD1.txt)
http://www.sofotex.com/PrintFolder-1.2-download_L2071.html

hope this helps