Program for organizing/storing photos

List HQ received the following message. Can someone on the list suggest
applicable solutions? Thanks, andy

"I am a photo hobby guy. Can you suggest a program (free or inexpensive) to
archive digital photos on DVD media?  I'm not interested in a all inclusive
program, like most commercial programs, that include lots of PhotoShop like
features to improve photos. I just want to store lots of photos on DVD disk
and have ability to "tag" pictures to easily find them on disk or multiple
disks -  stored in "albums" and retrievable as album files or as individual
pictures."