Re: which lens?

Emily,

I suggest you go back and read the posts. I've erased them now, but I distinctly recall some folks talking about the 1.6 multiplier as a benefit.

Roger

Roger Eichhorn
eichhorn@xxxxxx

On 22 Jan 2006, at 18:21, Emily L. Ferguson wrote:

We're not talking about focal length. We're talking about practical applications.

I don't think any of us is ever going to confuse the effect of the multiplier with the actual lens length at this point. All the regulars on this list understand what's going on.

For me, on a practical level, having a 75-300 on a 10D body gives me the ability to compete with my colleagues who have a 200 f2.8 with a 2x extender on a 1Ds body. I have the added convenience of not being stuck with a prime as well.

Unless it's raining, and then I wish I had a faster lens, but not a longer lens or the extender.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@xxxxxxxx