Re: Another one bites the dust

This is why I never argue with anyone about process and technology.  Digital?  Analog?  Fuggedaboutit!

So: When the discussion starts, I simply and quietly say, "why don't you come over to my place for some coffee; bring over a few of your best prints -- I'd really like to see them".  Of course, I will show a few of my best prints as well (typically from 4x5 on Fujiflex or on a really high quality B&W paper with very well controlled processing, toning, etc.).

The "technology" bent to the discussion then tends to end pretty quickly, with a few eyes open pretty wide.

In honesty: I have indeed met a couple of people who I would call "master digital printers", whose finished work blows me away.  But that's exactly two.

Most digital work is crap.  Most analog work is crap.

N.B.:  This post is not speaking at all about marketing and/or selling and/or taste of the marketplace or "what is acceptable or good in the marketplace" or anything like that!  Or workflow.  Or "chimping".  Or, ...

Don Feinberg
ducque@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx