Re: Another one bites the dust

Cartier Bresson said "Your first 10 000 photographs are your worst"

I think that one of the biggest advantages of digital is that it lets you experiment with the first 10 000 images cheaply and easily.
The more you shoot, the more you look, the more your think about different images, the better you get at it.

I have put off teaching f-stops and shutter speeds till the second semester. Instead I start by setting assignments in which students must take 100 different images of a subject. It forces them to look at the subject with some intensity and find new angles. Then we look at images and see what works and what doesn't. Usually the technical questions come from the students when they need to overcome obstacles.

Herschel

I'm trying to get students away from
I've-got-a-new-expensive-digital-camera-therefore-I-am-a-photographer way
of thinking to an I-put-thought-into-my-photographs way of thinking.

One can always hope.

Marilyn
"Come to the edge."
"We can't. We're afraid."