Re: Canon zoom telephoto lens question.

Thank you to all who responded my post.

>From the responses I have received it seems clear that the IS is the best
option and worth the cost difference.

Some reviews I read also point to the advantage of the IS when shooting from
a tripod as it can eliminate possible vibrations transmitted by the mirror
activation. I know one can always lock the mirror but having the ability to
use the IS and not have to worry about locking the mirror is certainly
another point in favor of IS.

Thank you again for all the suggestions and advices.

Best regards,

Joseph

---

Dr. Joseph Chamberlain