Re: Jim Snarki's "Let's Do Lunch", related photo and comment

At 18:18 -0800 11/19/05, Elson Elizaga wrote:
Also the last sections of seven of the legs of the daddy have turned gray. Why? If they are out of focus, the color should be retained. Is it because of the webs? Why don't I see any? Because they are white and the background is almost completely white? What is the background?

And the legs of the daddy do not touch the prey at all.

Very unusual.

Photoshop?

the image is basically unmanipulated...some minor contrast and colour correction and a tiny bit of shadow removed.....the depth of field is very shallow and the graying might be a result of the flash....as far as a web they don't construct an architecturally symetrical web, just random strands and frankly, I don't remember seeing any evidence of a web....the background is the texture of the wall where the spider had taken up residence in a corner....