Sent: Sunday, November 20, 2005 4:41 AM
Subject: Re: Jim Snarki's "Let's Do Lunch", related photo and comment

the daddy long legs has the most toxic venom, ounce for ounce, of any animal on the planet (i've heard), though it's unable to puncture human skin and deliver enough to make a difference...doesn't surprise me to see a dead soldier next to it.

Elson Elizaga <elson615943@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I seem to have found the answers to my curiosity. Looks like that dead spider is a common food of the daddy after all:

http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/indexmag.html?http://www.microscopy-uk.org.uk/mag/spider/pholcus1.html

http://groups.google.com/group/sci.bio.entomology.misc/browse_frm/thread/afe059e3cc772a/6fff76bfbd5fc355?tvc=1&q=what+does+daddy+long+legs+spiders+eat%3F&hl=en#6fff76bfbd5fc355

Thanks, Jim, for the education your photo gave me.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer