RE: [Norton AntiSpam] Re: Protecting the CD content

Per Winzip 8.1's help file

'TAR stands for “Tape ARchive”.  The TAR format does not provide compression; it is used only to group files.

Its mostly used in the Linux world. I used to have an un-user friendly program to extract .TAR files but I can't remember where I found it or what it was called. However, since its in .TAR format I really doubt it would work in Windows.

Hey! Here's a copy protection scheme for you. Put all your images into a .TAR file! Then Windows users won't be able to extract them and copy them. Sure users of other operating systems could but only Windows people are slimy, unscrupulous bastards. Just look at the system symbols. Mac has a fresh, natural apple and Linux a cuddly penguin. What does Windows have? A window. A device that lets you keep the world at bay while allowing you to watch it through one eye from behind thick curtains in a darkened room. What's that all about anyway?

Greg

I've downloaded macfapro.tar. It is the file that I got when I downloaded the FlipAlbum from the CNET website. It appears to be a zip file, but I am unable to open it, or run it, using WinZip.

Is it for Mac only? I'mk using XP.