Re: Books

One quick follow up, I didn't really explore "theory" books, but Jim's list "Seeing" is an excellent starting point. I think Adams' book is particularly good. There is also a collection that is, I believe, called "The Photography Reader" edited by Liz Wells which is good and features excerpts from some of the texts Jim mentions in edition to many hard to find essays. Also, Shore's "The Nature of Photographs" is probably he best book ever written on the subject. Though out of print, I think a new edition may be coming out next year.

-Heyward