Re: Canon digital bodies

Terry <terry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Now this is just me but one of the things I really don't like about
> most of the little point and shoot digitals coming out is the digital
> viewfinder, I really don't think I could ever get used to holding that
> out in front of me and staring at that picture, plus I don't think I
> could hold it steady.

That's the *best* thing about consumer digital cameras.  Seeing what
you're *really* going to get.  And seeing it amplified, not having to
squint into the dark viewfinder and try to guess what you're looking
at.

They're actually much easier to hold steady, by the way.  I find I can
hold them at about a stop or two slower shutter speeds than a camera I
have to pull up to my face.  Try this:  Loop the strap around our
neck, grab the sides of the camera normally (both hands), pull your
elbows in to your stomach, and then push the camera out against the
strap.  You've now got an *extremely* stable position where you can
see the viewfinder well.