Re: Canon digital bodies and Nikon lenses.

: >tossed their inkjets after the initial inks ran dry
:
: You must have a reference for this fact.

http://www.marketresearch.com/product/display.asp?productid=1084519&xs=r&SI
D=27312299-336384959-363598612

$795 for the report is a bit beyond me! ;-)

"Abstract
Demand for photographic chemicals will increase primarily as a result of
the rapidly growing popularity of single-use 35 millimeter cameras. This
Freedonia Group study presents historical data (1987, 1992 and 1997) and
forecasts to 2002 and 2007 by type and by market. Photographic materials
demand is also provided. In addition, the study covers world outlook,
evaluates U.S. market share and profiles key players in the U.S. industry.
Please Note: Freedonia requires that, for PDF orders, clients sign a
confidentiality agreement prior to fulfillment of PDF email delivery."

and I guess even if I bought it I wouldn't be able to tell you about it !

hmmm..  Any IT site tends to scream how fantastic printer sales are going,
while the photo sites seem a muddle of information, sales up, sales down.
Same thing with single use film V digital sales.  Konica minolta note a
huge upswing in single use cameras in the US and a major downtun in the
East ( http://konicaminolta.com/investors/pdf/ar/konica/ar1999/005.pdf ) -
I guess I just contributed to the confusion..

remember this?
******************
Kodak sold 1,470,000 digital point and shoots in the first 6 months of
2004, up 80% over sales figures for the same period in 2003, Sony in this
same period parted with 1,730,000 units up 43% from the previous year.
Effectively this means Kodaks market share increased from 15.3% to 18.3%
and Kodak from these figures has expected to top the sales share by the end
of 2004, though I've not heard where they place currently.

Apparently Canon held 3rd position with 14.7% of market share, Olympus had
11.8%, Fuji held 8.7%, HP scored in the pack with 7%,  and Nikon tailed
with 5.7%

Camera sales in 2004 were expected to sit at 15,000,000 digital cameras and
10,000,000 film cameras according to market forcasters..

I can't find that article either :-(