Re: color space questions

On Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:17:44 +0800, karl shah-jenner <shahjen@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>the above links give a far more detailed analysis than both of our efforts
>put together, but for the large part my explanation dumbed down a heck of a
>lot a very complex subject to a point where I felt it made theory
>applicable and comprehensible.

Photoshop to the rescue. No matter your colour space, set PS for your CMYK output and you can see by clicking on 'proof'
how the result will look when printed CMYK. Looks kind of bland, eh?

Of course having your monitor calibrated now becomes important.

Basically there isn't much you can do about the bland output, but you can make adjustment to your colours to make a
better overall balance in the CMYK output. And that's the whole idea.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ Motorcycle Relay Kits