Re: Canon digital bodies and Nikon lenses.

On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 16:18:27 -0800, "Joseph Chamberlain, DDS" <drjchamberlain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote/replied to:

>I am surprised with the low quality of the images I got from both lenses. I
>am coming from film cameras and used two very similar lenses with my Nikon
>Pro film body. My expectations for both Canon lenses were that they would
>meet Nikon's quality since they are both "L" lenses and the price is about
>the same but they don't even come close. My Nikon lenses are the 17-35mm
>f/2.8D ED-IF AF-S Zoom-Nikkor and the 28mm f/1.4D AF Nikkor.  snip bla bla bla,,,

Are you talking about hand held images, or images taken from a good tripod? Was it windy?

Those Canon lenses hold up very well against Nikon's, but of course you could find arguments against both on the net
somewhere if you really wanted to. Looks like you did too...

It's pretty tough to compare anything on your first shoot. Maybe the lenses need cleaning or you forgot to take off the
lens cap.

--
Jim Davis, Owner, Eastern Beaver Company:
http://easternbeaver.com/ Motorcycle Relay Kits