Re: metadata

>Any ideas on how I can bring a hex file of a RAW image into Excel ? I
>thought of using it too since it would be a good choice in terms of all the
>functions it offers. How would I be able to import a hex file into Excel and
>after that how would I be able to parse the data fields and translate the
>contents to ASCII ?

Joseph

Believe me, it's simple.

You keep talking about the Mac.
Now I'm assuming the VBA (macro language) is the same on both the Mac and a PC.  What I don't know is if Macs can read spreadsheets produced by PCs?

1) I could easily Zip-up and mail you the spreadsheet I have open right now that does a hex dump straight to a spreadsheet.
All you have to do is provide a legal filemname. (Or if anyone else want it I'll upload it to a web site).

2) I could send you a text file containing the VBA code and you could paste it into your own code module.

Example output:
Byte	Dec	Hex	Char
1	255	FF
2	216	D8