Re: PF Exhibits 29 OCT 05

I completely agree with the loss of detail comment as my pictures are often a bit dark, and that appeals to me for some reason despite the routine comments on them being too dark!  But he did have perfect hair and the detail would have been nice, but not really supportive of the image in my opinion.  However, the lack of detail only adds to the darkness of the background which could have used some seperation somewhere.  Oh well, the stage was probably forty square feet, the ceiling was seven to eight feet tall at its max, and if I had been any closer I would have had a rose in my mouth and been on stage with her  This really was a double subject kind of photo, her in the light, him in the dark alone with his pain.  Gritty, dark, passionate, this is flamenco.

Thanks for the review, I really do appreciate it.

Laurenz Bobke <laurenzb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

               Trevor Cunningham -

interesting pose, but there's too much blackish background without
detail for me.
A wee bit of fill flash might have solved this without taking away
from the atmosphere.
Concentrating on the singer and leaving the dancer out of focus might
have worked, if the full face of the singer was clearly visible.
As it is, it is not quite clear who is the subject of the photo.

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham