Re: PF Exhibits 29 OCT 05

               Dana Tracy -
Owls are fascinating creatures and their stare is almost magical.
Beautiful, but somehow, this photo does not quite work for me: either
I'd like to see more of the owl, - or a much more tightly cropped shot
of the eye, - even if this means losing the brown feathers....

               Trevor Cunningham -

interesting pose, but there's too much blackish background without
detail for me.
A wee bit of fill flash might have solved this without taking away
from the atmosphere.
Concentrating on the singer and leaving the dancer out of focus might
have worked, if the full face of the singer was clearly visible.
As it is, it is not quite clear who is the subject of the photo.

               Jeff Spirer - Boxer
beautiful portrait and technically perfect. I love this expression of
melancholy concentration.

               Museki Abe - People 2
I loved Nikko too, and took a few shots there. Here, the photographer
is a bit too small for me to really be the subject of the photo.

               Jim Davis - Belltower
Beautiful - I quite like the slightly blurry moon in the background,
this gives the photo a sense of depth.
The metal is so corroded that one hardly realises the complementary colours ...

               Alan Zinn - Trick or Tree

definitely a trick. Quite a clever one at that. Looks like an Indian
ornament, fractal art - or a Rorschach ink blot test. What do YOU see
in it?

               Rubin F. Diehl - On the streets
I like the way, the lonely person is looking out of the frame, but the
background is just too cluttered for me. Especially the reflected
fence is distracting.
Too much DOF in my opinion.

               David Small
Fascinating contrast. Beautiful, how you caught Whoopi looking at that
young woman ;-) !