Re: Gravestone photography

Elson Elizaga wrote:

The project has me curious about the symbols -- the obelisks, the pointing finger (a reference to Da Vinci's John the Baptist?), the weeping willow (I don't know, yet, what this means), and what appears to be the masonic handshake. All these repeated in several instances. I intentionally placed a large photo on the cover, showing the name "Magdalena". I'm sure some of you here have also read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail," "The Templar Revelation," and similar literatures. Near one of the gravestones marked "Bryans" (http://isb.elizaga.net/94-99.htm), I found four coins during my third visit. I had a companion then. He is doing the documentation of this cemetery. He took a quick look at the coins and said they were US money, dated 1970s up. How they got there we don't know.
Elson, I'm sure that you know that searching Google, Yahoo or others for "funerary art", "cemetery art" or "tombstone symbolism" will turn up numerous resources to help you interpret what you are shooting.
Don

--
The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. -Bertrand Russell, philosopher, mathematician, author, Nobel laureate (1872-1970)