Re: Gravestone photography

Howard,

You may be right.

As your web example suggests, there is an "hour glass" of light transmission, with a focal point known as "focal node" in some circles.

Unfortunately, I have seen depth of focus and depth of field used intermittently for the same discussion.

I also thought what you were referring too, was known as focal plane. Hence the old days when we used "focal plane" shutters.

Take care,
Gregory david Stempel
FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g
www.americanphotojournalist.com