Re: Photography and the law U.K

SteveS wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Howard" <home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students" <photoforum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, October 23, 2005 11:28 PM
Subject: Photography and the law U.K

No doubt those UK members of this forum will have heard the report on the BBC yesterday... A graphic designer needed some photos of a motorway. So he went and started to take some of a motorway in Hampshire. The police stopped and searched him under Section 44 of the Terrorism Act of 2000. They do NOT need to provide or even have any reason to do this.

Forgive me for what may be a blunt comment on this, but it IS why we [the U.S.] revoluted against your country.

S.

You mean they had motorways in the U.S. even back then? And cameras?? Wow!! :-P

Howard