RE: Photography and the law U.K

See http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4368524.stm

>Sorry, I'm not about to join the conspiracy theory.
>No need. This report is factual.

Howard

And we look forward to even more swinging police powers once the new bill gets implimented.  The only sticking point at the moment is that the House of Lords are objecting to the police being  issued with jack-boots.

Seriously, there is no change in the underlying law at present -  the only change is that the police no longer need to pretend they hav "probable cause".  If they say you are acting like a terrorist, you are.  No right of appeal.

Abuses of even thier curent powers are legion. Most importantly to us on this list they appear to have been been issued with the following advice re photographers::

Terrorist Suspects:
Use big professional looking cameras, and even tripods etc
Often take pictures without family members in them
Camera is held level
Takes photos of things normal people would not give a second glance

Snapper:
Anyone hurriedly taking snaps on a camera phone

Remember:
Al Kai-Eda needs perfectly sharp, exposed, composed and above all level pictures.
Discourage any good photographic technique in public areas.