Re: raw in PSCS2

The PSCS2 raw processor is fantastic once you get to know it. It's worth a little studying.
To turn off AUTO:

The quick way is:
1. Open any raw file
2. Once the raw interface is open press Cmnd + U (CTRL U in Windoze) That's it. If you want to switch it back on press it again. It will stay off in the future unless you press Cmnd U again or delete the prefs file.

The long way is:
1. Open any raw file
2. Just under the histogram which is in the top right hand corner (To the right of the settings window) is a little menu twirl-switch-thing  (A right pointing triangle in a little circle)
If you click it you get a drop-down menu. halfway down is the option to turn off auto settings.
A word of warning... You may not like the taste of uncooked raw files.
I think the auto settings give a pretty good starting point. That said, You do need to turn it off sometimes....

so it's:  Cmnd U (U for Use auto...)

herschel

lea murphy <lea@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I know many of you don't like the raw processor in PSCS but that's
the one I'm using right now and I have a question.

When I bring an image in all the 'auto' checkboxes are checked and I
don't want them to be.

Is there a way to turn that default off? It drives me nuts.

I'm on a mac running Tiger if that makes any difference.

Thanks all,
Lea

lea murphy
www.whinydogpress.com