Re: here's one for the consipacy theorists!

Yes. We should all take notice of this. The important question to ask
is: Why would a corporation decide to spend the money and research to
make anything coming out of their printers traceable to a particular
printer serial number with a date stamp? Seems a significant investment
of money, and there seems to be no apparent profit motive.

The only reasonable answer is that there must be pressure from the US
government to do this.

How does the US government exert this type of pressure? What is the
mechanism? Where else is this type of pressure exerted?

It would be interesting to see what the US has arranged with Microsoft.
I'd be very much surprised if Microsoft hasn't created back doors in
Windows, etc to aid the US government surveillance. Considering that 95%
of the world uses Windows, and the amount of leverage the US gov has
with Microsoft in the form of anti-trust claims, etc., it would be
amazingly stupid if the US government didn't have an arrangement with
Microsoft.

That isn't paranoid. That is the reality people. The dots on the printer
paper are really just the tip of the berg.

Jeff Pflueger
http://jeffpflueger.com