Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 12:42 AM
Subject: Re: OT: Mac users - GIS software question

----- Original Message -----
It is not so much Off Topic, because GIS programs usually read aerial
photographs as the lowest bottom of the multilayer system.

What I want to know is if any of You, Mac users, have recently worked with any kind of GIS software. What are the today's MAC options for non-corporate
GIS work (I mean small and medium spatial systems; recording data and
compiling maps).
Peeter

Peeter,

Exactly what do you mean by "GIS"? I have not, recently anyway, used any mapping software on a Mac. Currently, my Mac is an older one and probably would have some challenges with mapping software, but I am expecting to get a copy of Starry Night, an astronomy program, to try on it. On the other hand, the new G5 Macintoshes (the G5 Imac would give me pause) should have the processing power, when the memory is upgraded (all computers should have the memory upgraded), to handle even heavy-duty mapping work.

Stephen

--
This email was brought to you by GNS2000.com
http://www.gns2000.com