Re: Apple's new RAW photo software.

On 10/20/05 2:08 AM, "Joseph Chamberlain, DDS"
<drjchamberlain@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Please take a look at Apple's new "Aperture" software and let me know what
> you think about its features and how it compares to the other existing
> software (avoiding being biased to software you already own).
>
> http://www.apple.com/aperture/

Joseph,

It's nearly impossible to tell without really giving it spin.  I've
pre-ordered it and a new QUAD G5 to run it on.  My old dual 800 G4 was
starting to really drag to a crawl.  I am not looking at it as replacement
for PS CS2 that is my main image editor but rather as a workflow hub.  I am
a long time CaptureOne/iView MediaPro/PS.  Iview is brutally slow and I'm
impressed with Adobe Bridge so this is the gap I'm filling.  If Aperture
supports tethered capture than it may replace captureone for that as well.
It's not clear that is has that feature yet though.  Maybe Andy will give us
his impression as Apple is showing it in NYC this week.  I'd be there as
well but I fractured my spine in three places in a mountain biking accident
a week ago so travel is out of the question.

Lawrence

Lawrence W. Smith
Lawrence Smith Photography
http://www.lwsphoto.com