Re: Dark Images

At 11:08 AM 10/17/2005, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:
I'd use the curves tool; but then I use the curves tool for pretty
much any brightness, contrast, gamma, or white balance adjustment.
It's the basic tool that does 90% of what you need done.  It's worth
spending the time to really learn it well.

This is a good point. The curves tool can be used for exactly the same operation as levels and then some. Also, using the eyedroppers in the curves tool (also in levels) can be very effective.

Jeff Spirer
Photos: http://www.spirer.com
One People: http://www.onepeople.com/
Surfaces and Marks: http://www.withoutgrass.com