Sent: Monday, October 17, 2005 12:08 PM
Subject: Re: Dark Images

"William B. Ellis" <wb9cac@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

I have some digital images that are dark and I need to correct
them. It would seem to me that I would go into the brightness/contrast
control in Photoshop and lighten them and at the same time increase
the contrast. Does this seem the way to go or are there other
directions I should go? I'm using Phitishop Elements.

I'd use the curves tool; but then I use the curves tool for pretty
much any brightness, contrast, gamma, or white balance adjustment.
It's the basic tool that does 90% of what you need done.  It's worth
spending the time to really learn it well.