Re: A Rare Review

I'm not one for nature photos (you'll hear that a couple times in this review),

How come You have so strict prejudgements?
E.g. I do not classify pictures in advance into genres I do like and genres I do not like.
It's just up to any particular photo, isn't it?
I've even seen one good election campaign photograph  :)))))

               Peeter Vissak - Halluci Nation

As much as I don't care for nature shots, I do like this one, a lot, probably because it could be used to illustrate Alice in Wonderland. Nice balance in the composition, nice colors, nice effect, works for me.

You see!
I think unsharpness helped You to take this one more abstractly - simply as a composition. I usually hunt freely on these compositions in the wild as other people hunt on casual bird or animal shots (I do not mean professional work from the hide etc.). If I get a glimpse with a corner of my eye then I stop, adjust the shooting point and try to catch that bypassed glimpse.
Thanks for kind critique anyway!

BTW - in the end of September I was lucky enough (partly with the tiny financial help of the Estonian Cultural Foundation) to put up my first personal exposition ever. It was first up at the 3rd International Nature Film Festival in the Matsalu NAtional Park and in the coming week I shall hang it up practically into the middle of Tallinn - to the Art & Design GAllery of the new Viru Shopping Center. The exposition is called "The Hidden Side of the Wide Wild" and there are more than 30 pictures. The exposition is also up at one of my websites (alas - no proper captions yet! but I'm going to fix this soonish) at:
www.fotovissak.com (click the link "Avara ilma varjatud pool")

Peeter